Here are some reasons to love Mohammad Ashraful, written by a die hard fan of Ashraful.
- A 17 year old teenager hit the world’s best bowlers like Muttiah Muralitharan and Chaminda Vaas on the way to score his first test century which eventually made him the youngest test centurian in the history of 140 years of cricket.
- India’s best bowling line up with bowlers like Anil Kumble, Harvajhan Singh was crashed on the way of scoring Ashraful’s career best unbeaten 158*- this has been the highest test score by any Bangladeshi batsman for 10 consecutive years.
- That surprising victory over the world champion Australians depicted in our little master’s bat by a historic century blowing away Glenn McGrath, Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist.
- His 94 off 52 balls against Harmison and paul Collingwood’s England must be one of the most charming Innings of world cricket.
- Bangladesh tested their first victory against South Africa when Ashraful scored a marvelous score of 87 against the super fast bowlers of South Africa Makhaya Ntini & Andre Nel. He became the inventor of scoop shot.
- Ashraful’s ever memorable score of 190 in Galle against Sri Lanka broke his own record and Bangladesh scored the highest run in an innings by any team, 636.
- Bangladesh prompted to the Super 8 phase of the T20 World Cup for the first time by Ashraful’s 50 of just 21 balls.
People will not forget him for his slightest mistake; Mohammad Ashraful the little master- the most experienced player of Bangladesh Cricket Team in both test & ODIs’, the owner of fastest 50 in test, ODI, and T20s’ also. For long 12 years he has been our most desirable entertainer in Cricket.