There are much speculation over the proposed series between Bangladesh Cricket team and world champions Australia. The series was cancelled last year due to security concern of the Aussie Cricket board. But they have agreed to complete the tour this year after a lot of discussions over the issue. [বাংলায় পড়ুনঃ নিরাপত্তা ব্যবস্থা নিয়ে সন্তুষ্ট ক্যারল]
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is also confident about the series to take place without any further trouble this year. The Australian Cricket team is scheduled to tour Bangladesh during the upcoming August-September for a bilateral cricket series with the hosts.
The Cricket Australia anti-corruption and security unit manager Sean Carroll is on a routine two-day tour to Bangladesh and held a series of meetings on Tuesday with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Australian High Commission and the Inspector General of Bangladesh Police ahead of the proposed series.
Nizamuddin Chowdhury, the CEO of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has said to media that the things have gone well so far. He said, “The security we provided to the England Cricket team last year, we will provide the same security to the Australia as well this year. We had a meeting with the IG of Police. He had promised to arrange Australia more security than the England had. We are confident about the series.”
“Sean Carroll is also satisfied with our security arrangements. He had not asked for any further security yet. He will come again during during July to see all the facilities. Some of the Cricket Australia officials will accompany him during then,” he also added.
The fixture for the most anticipated series by Tiger fans will be announced soon. According to Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) the first test of the series will be played before the Eid Ul Azha and at the second test after the Eid.
- Maksudul HAQUE, Correspondent, bdcrictime