But the time has changed now. Bangladesh-India matches are no more one-sided affairs. Rather both teams boast impactful players who have the ability to change the course of the match on its head.
Here we present six such players, three from each sides, who can be the game changer when Bangladesh take on India in the second semifinal match of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
* He was the third highest run-scorer of the group stage, making 223 runs at 74.33.
* So far he has scored 504 runs against India in 17 matches at 31.50 with the help of 6 fifties.
* Just in Bangladesh’s last match against New Zealand, he played a match winning knock of 114.
* He has so far scored 493 runs against India in 15 matches at 37.92, while he also has taken 17 wickets.
* He has Bangladesh’s highest three centuries in ICC events.
* His career average is 34.82, but when it comes to matches against India, the average rises up to 44.83. He has so far scored 269 runs in 11 matches against the Men in Blue.
* Scoring 157 runs with two fifty-plus scores, he was the 8th highest run-scorer of the group stage.
* His career average is 53.82, but against Bangladesh he has scored 558 runs at 69.75.
* With 271 runs in three matches, he was the highest run-scorer of the group stage.
* In Champions Trophy, he has scored 634 runs at 90.57, and also has three tons to his name.
* In this edition of Champions Trophy, he has taken 4 wickets with his economy rate being 4.44.
* Against Bangladesh, he has taken three wickets in as many matches, and his economy rate is 5.50
– Jannatul Naym Pieal, Correspondent, bdcrictime.com