Pakistan went to play the recently concluded ICC Champions Trophy as the number sixth ranked team. But after a remarkable performance in the tournament they moved up to number six position sending Bangladesh at seven and Sri Lanka at eight respectively. [বাংলায় পড়ুন: বাংলাদেশকে দুঃসংবাদ দিলো পাকিস্তান]
Bangladesh lost one rating point after losing the semi-final match against India while Pakistan earned two points after beating the same side in the final.
Previously Bangladesh had 95 rating points and Pakistan had 93 point in the MRF Tyres ICC ODI Team Rankings.
To be noted, England and the next seven highest-ranked sides on the MRF Tyres ICC ODI Team Rankings will qualify automatically for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 which will be staged in England.
The bottom eight sides on the team rankings will get a second chance to qualify for the tournament when they will join the regional qualifiers in the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2019. Two sides will qualify from the qualifier to complete the 10-team line-up. –
ICC ODI Rankings :
1. South Africa- 119 rating points
2. Australia- 117 rating points
3. India- 116 rating points
4. England- 113 rating points
5. New Zealand- 111 rating points
6. Pakistan- 95 rating points
7. Bangladesh- 94 rating points
8. Sri Lanka- 93 rating points
9. Windies- 77 rating points
10. Afghanistan- 54 rating points
– Nazmus Sajid Chowdhury, Contributor, bdcrictime.com