Bangladesh will take on number three-ranked side India in the second-final of the tournament on June 15 at Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham. They reached the semis after beating New Zealand in Cardiff. They earned three points from that famous victory.
The Tigers are at number six in the rankings with 95 points, ahead of Sri Lanka’s 93 and Pakistan’s 91 points. Beating India or also winning the final will hep them increase their distance to Sri Lanka and Pakistan which gives them better chance of qualifying for the 2019 World Cup directly by cut-off date 30 September, 2017.
A win against India in the semi-final will give Tigers two points, which will make it 97 before the final.
Possible ranking scenarios:
· If Bangladesh lose to India in semi-final, they will be on 94 points
· If Bangladesh beat India in semi and England in final, they will be on 99 points
· If Bangladesh lose to England in final, they will finish on 96 points
· If Bangladesh beat India in semi and Pakistan in final, they will finish on 98 points
· If Bangladesh lose to Pakistan in final, they will finish on 95 points
-Ruffin, Correspondent, bdcrictime.com