Banned Australian stars David Warner and Cameron Bancroft has signed to play for Northern Territory in a limited over tournament. Reports said David Warner is confirmed to play two one day matches while Bancroft will be available for the whole tournament.
Photo: Getty images
Northern Territory Cricket Chief Executive Joel Morrison told all the cricketers in the competition including Warner and Bancroft will cover their own cost.
“There’s no payment to any players in our competition. These two players are coming up here, looking after their own flights and accommodation,” he told to Australian Associated Press.
“We don’t lose sight of the fact that they’re up here because of the events in Cape Town.
“They made a big error in judgment and ultimately paid the price. They’ve also demonstrated a willingness to learn from their mistakes and move forward.
“We’re more than happy to support them on that journey. It’s great they can start it now, as opposed to waiting for summer,” he added.
In a statement disgraced Australian former captain Warner also exhibited his pleasure in this regard saying, “I’m really looking forward to playing in the Strike League in July.”
“I heard so much about the competition while I was in Darwin earlier this month that I’m keen to be part of it,” he added.
The two limited over matches in which Warner will take part are scheduled to take place on July 21 to 22. 1 of 1