Coronavirus in Karachi: BCB to hold talks with PCB
Amid ever increasing concern regarding coronavirus outbreak, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has decided to hold talks with their Pakistani counterparts ahead of Bangladesh’s third phase of Pakistan tour.
It is understood that Bangladesh’s last phase of their three-part tour of Pakistan is not certain yet, with the BCB considering studying the situation before deciding whether or not they will go on with the tour.
This decision comes on the back of five confirmed cases of coronavirus in Pakistan, including two in Karachi, the venue of the lone ODI and second Test between the teams.
According to Cricbuzz, the talks are in relation to suspected cases of coronavirus after schools in Sindh were directed to remain closed till March 13 during the isolation period.
“For us players’ safety comes as the first priority and we are not going to compromise with it at any cost,” BCB media committee chairman Jalal Yunus was quoted as saying by Cricbuzz on Tuesday (March 3).
“We will talk with PCB in this regard and if we see that there is any threat then certainly we will not send our team to Pakistan. But at the moment it is too early to make a decision in this regard as we still have time on our hands,” he also added.
The last phase of Bangladesh’s tour of Pakistan is scheduled to kickstart with the solitary ODI on April 3, followed by the second Test commencing from April 5. Both the matches will be played at the National Stadium in Karachi.