Score

Cricket South Africa CEO requests fans to fulfill Warner’s expectation


Former Australia captain Steve Smith and David Warner received a one-year ban for ball-tampering scandal in the Cape Town Test against South Africa in 2018. The two cricketers returned to England last year in the World Cup after the ban was lifted.

Cricket South Africa CEO requests fans to fulfill Warner's expectation

They will be back in Cape Town again on February 26, two years later in the third and final T20 match against South Africa. Warner hopes to be honored by Proteas supporters in that match.

Also Read - We call Bangladesh our second country: Brendon Taylor


Cricket South Africa (CSA) acting chief executive Jacques Faul has asked supporters to pay his respects.

Paul said,

“I would urge South African fans to respect their opponents. They should not be involved with any unusual incident. What happened last time was tragic. We hope everyone supports South Africa. And also look at the opponent with respect.”

Warner told an Australian radio last Friday, “Personally, I don’t remember anything about it,” Warner told an Australian radio. “I’ll go there and try to win the team by the run. I will try to get myself in a better position.

“It’s normal that the situation will not be in our hand. But in South Africa we would expect respect. Before that, when we were here, we would be very appreciative.”

Like and Share the news if you liked it.

Related Articles

I was forever lonely: Ntini opens up about racism in South Africa

Lungi Ngidi urges SA cricketers to consider ‘Black Lives Matter’ stand

South Africa’s three-team cricket match date announced

AB de Villiers opens up about his depression after 2015 World Cup loss

CSA announces seven coronavirus cases