David Warner hits thrilling century in comeback match
David Warner, the banned Australian star, has slammed a sensational century on his comeback occasion after elbow injury.
Playing for the Sydney based Randwick-Petersham Club in the NSW Premier Cricket tournament, the former Aussie vice-captain scored a quick fire ton in the limited over match, marking his return to competitive cricket in style and rejuvenated his hopes to be selected for the mega ICC event coming ahead.
The 110 runs innings were comprised off just 77 deliveries and bundled with seven sixes and four fours.
Although they were expected to play for Australia in the forthcoming Pakistan tour, selectors left them out of choice for this time.
Australia Selection Committee Chairman said on Friday that the duo would highly likely to comeback with the Indian Premier League ahed.
“We all know they’re two of the better players in world cricket,” Hohns said.
“So it’s only natural we will take them seriously into consideration when we pick our 2019 World Cup squad. The main thing for them and us is to have them playing competitive cricket,” he added.
Both Warner and Smith fallen to elbow injuries while playing in the Bangladesh Premier League earlier on and returned home in the midway of the competition. Smith is also recovering from the injury and has started knocking in the nets.
They will end their one year suspension on March 29 making them eligible to play in the Indian Premier League 2019 and the World Cup.
While Smith was retained by his side Rajasthan Royals, Warner was also retained by Sunrisers Hyderabad.