ICC ODI team of 2018: India, England dominate the show
On Tuesday, International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced one day team of the year 2018.
In 2018, The Kohli led India won nine out of total 14 matches they played.
England too had enjoyed rocketing success in the year just passed by. The English won every limited over series they played in 2018, a total of 17 matches out of 24 appeared.
1. Rohit Sharma (India): Sharma scored 1030 runs from 19 innings at an average of 73.57 and strike-rate of 100.09. He smashed five centuries and three fifties last season. With a feather to add, Sharma, in absence of Kohli led India to Asia Cup 2018 glory.
2. Jonathan Bairstow (England): At an amazing strike rate of 118.22, Bairstow made 1025 runs at an average of 46.59 featuring four centuries and two fifties.
3. Virat Kohli (captain): With six centuries and three fifties on the card, Kohli’s ran tally stand 1202 in an average of 133.55 last year.
4. Joe Root (England): Root became the most successful middle order batsman in 2018. He scored 946 runs from 24 innings at 59.12 including three centuries and five fifties with a strike-rate of 83.93.
5. Ross Taylor (New Zealand): He scored 639 runs from just 10 innings at an average of 91.28 while striking at 88.87. His highest score was 181* against England.
6. Jos Buttler (England): Became the most prolific wicket keeper of the year, Buttler’s total dismissal was 35 taking 26 catches and nine stumpings. Meanwhile he scored 671 runs at an average of 51.61 and a strike-rate of 113.53.
7. Ben Stokes (England): He scored 313 runs at an average of 44.71, including three fifties from just 10 innings. As an all-rounder, Stokes took five wickets from 11 bowling innings, but his economy rate of 5.91.
8. Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh): The Bangladesh fast bowler was one of the highly successful pacers in the year of 2018, picking up 29 wickets at an average of 21.72. In the Asia Cup 2018, he picked up 10 wickets at 18.50 to finish as the joint highest wicket-taker with Rashid Khan and Kuldeep Yadav.
9. Rashid Khan (Afghanistan): The young Afghanistan leg-spinner finished the year as the leading wicket-taker in ODIs with a grand total of 48 scalps at 14.45 at a strike rate of 3.89.
10. Kuldeep Yadav (India): Yadav picked up 45 wickets from his 19 matches at 17.77.
11. Jasprit Bumrah (India): Bumrah hauled 22 wickets at an average of 16.63. His economy rate was 3.62.