IPL-PSL owners own four CSA T20 League teams
The owners of the eight teams of Cricket South Africa Global T20 League have been revealed. Four franchises have been owned by IPL and PSL owners including bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan. [বাংলায় পড়ুনঃ দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার টি-টোয়েন্টি লিগে আইপিএল-পিএসএল এর মালিকরা]
Durban, Benoni, Pretoria, Stellenbosch, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth are the city-based teams to take part in the inaugural edition this year’s November. Stellenbosch’s home ground is likely to be Paarl’s Boland Park. Kimberley, East London and Potchefstroom did not get any team.
The owner of Kolkata Knight Riders and Trinbago Knight Riders, Shah Rukh has owned Cape Town which has JP Duminy as marquee player. Johannesburg franchise has been bought by Delhi Daredevils’ holding company GMR sports. Pretoria and Stellenbosch are the only two teams to be run by South African-based owners.
Fawad Rana, the owner of Lahore Qalandars, has owned Durban, while Benoni was owned by PSL champions Peshawar Zalmi owner Javed Afridi.
Hong-Kong’s Sushil Kumar bought the Bloemfontein franchise and Port Elizabeth franchise was bought Dubai’s Ajay Sethi.
Graeme Smith, Andrew Hall, Ashwell Prince, Herschelle Gibbs, Paul Adams, Allan Donald, Andrew Hudson and Paul Harris have been named as the eight ambassadors. The players’ draft will be held in August. More than 400 players have registered for the draft.
The marquee players and owners of CSA Global T20 League teams:
- Durban – Hashim Amla – Fawad Rama (PSL)
- Benoni – Quinton de Kock – Javed Afridi (PSL)
- Pretoria – AB de Villiers – Osman Osman (South Africa)
- Stellenbosch – Faf du Plessis – Mushtaq Brey (South Africa)
- Cape Town – JP Duminy – Shah Rukh Khan (IPL)
- Bloemfontein – David Miller – Sushil Kumar (Hong Kong)
- Johannesburg – Kagiso Rabada – GMR sports (IPL)
- Port Elizabeth – Imran Tahir – Ajay Sethi (Dubai)
-Ruffin, Correspondent, bdcrictime.com