It is not possible to arrange IPL this year: Report
The whole of India will remain in lockdown until April 15 to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Prior to the same date, all general visas were canceled. As a result, the IPL had been postponed until April 15, after seeing no other way.
If everything went right, the 13th edition of the IPL, was scheduled to start on March 29. But in the event of an emergency caused by coronavirus, the Indian media has said that this year there will be no more IPL.
The organizers were waiting for the government’s green signal for any decision on the IPL. But in the current situation in India, it is very difficult to think about organizing IPL. However, the organizers have not yet made a final decision on the matter.
However, a source of IPL organizers directly said,
“It is not possible to arrange IPL this year. Because of the coronavirus, it is said that to maintain social distance, above all, watching the game together in the stadium will increase the risk more manifold.”
“This year there will be no IPL. It might be next year now. We all know the situation in the country now. Nobody wants to take any risks. Sitting at the stadium can certainly guarantee social distance. So IPL is good to do next year.”
“No major sporting event will be held in India this year,” the source added. He said the official announcement from the government would be coming soon. We will also inform the franchisees after receiving a formal decision from the government. The same season will be held next year.”
In his words, the players who were supposed to play this year will play in that team next year. This means that there will be no auction for IPL team for the next edition. However, a formal announcement on the matter is waiting.