Shakib explodes the records book
An all-round effort from Shakib Al Hasan outclassed Afghanistan in match number 31 of the World Cup.
After putting into bat first, Shakib played a classy knock yet again and scored his third fifty of the tournament and also became the first ever Bangladeshi to score 1000 runs in World Cup. His hard fought knock of 51 runs came from 69 balls with only one boundary.
The number one all-rounder in the world didn’t stop here. He showed his magic with the ball as well and became the first ever Bangaldeshi to take a fifer in a World Cup match. When Bangladesh were struggling to get the opening wicket, Shakib came and did the job for the Tigers.
He went onto pick the first four wickets under eight wickets and then picked up the wicket of Najibullah to complete his five-wicket haul.
Shakib Al Hasan stats and records in brief:
– No. 1 Leading run-scorer
– No. 1 in Fantasy points table
– First player ever in the history of World Cup to score 400+ runs and pick 10 wickets
– First Bangladeshi ever to score 1000 runs in World Cup
– First Bangladeshi ever to take a five-for in World Cup
– Third player to score hundred and take a five-for in World Cup
– Second player to score fifty and take a five-for in a World Cup match