Score

Sourav Ganguly offers Eden Gardens to state govt for quarantine facilities


Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly has offered the indoor facility and the players’ dormitory of the iconic Eden Gardens to West Bengal government for the quarantine facilities to combat the deadly Novel Coronavirus. [নিউজটি বাংলায় পড়ুনঃ ইডেন গার্ডেন্সকে সরকারের হাতে তুলে দিতে প্রস্তুত সৌরভ] 

sourav-ganguly-offers-eden-gardens-to-state-govt-for-quarantine-facilities

India have so far 500 plus confirmed cases of COVID-19 infection with the death tolls going up to 10. The country is now going through a 21-day nationwide lockdown following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s announcement on Tuesday.

Also Read - Brendon McCullum compares between RCB and CSK


BCCI president and former CAB head Sourav Ganguly said he would be happy to offer the facilities at the Eden Gardens, should the West Bengal government need space for the treatment of patients.

“If government asks us, we will certainly hand over the facility. Anything that is need of the hour, we will do it. There is absolutely no problem,”
Ganguly told Press Trust of India.
Meanwhile Sourav Ganguly welcomed the government’s decision of complete lockdown and hoped that the move will help in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 spread. 

 

“I think this is the best option at the current moment. Certain things are beyond anybody’s control. Whatever directives that the government and ministry of health gives us, we have to follow. That’s the case all over the world,” said Ganguly.

The West Bengal government announced that Kolkata and all other municipal and district towns are under a complete lockdown from 5 PM on Monday till midnight of March 31 under the West Bengal Epidemic Disease COVID-19 regulations, 2020, framed according to relevant sections of the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897. However, on Tuesday, the lockdown of India has been extended to April 14.

BCCI is yet to make any monetary contribution to fight the outbreak. Speaking about that, the former Indian captain said he will have a word with BCCI Secretary Jay Shah before making a call in this regard.

Like and Share the news if you liked it.

Related Articles

Don’t regret opting out of IPL: Mitchell Starc

IPL seems impossible without Chinese companies

Dhoni told me ‘selectors are not looking at you’: Yuvraj on missing 2019 WC

BCCI announces new sanctions for age fraud

BCCI has not paid Indian cricketers’ salary for ten months