and Mohammad Rizwan
a historic victory by responding to all critics. In the second match of the seven-match T20I series against England
, the host team equalized the series with the win of 10 wickets.
England batted first and scored 199 runs. However, the inseparable duo of Babar and Rizwan made the huge total smaller. With Babar and Rizwan made a 203-run partnership, Pakistan own the highest 10-wicket win in the history of T20 cricket.
Not only in international T20 but in all types of recognized T20, this is the first time a team have chased 200 runs without losing any wicket. The unbroken pair of 203 runs in pursuit of runs is also a record.
In this case, Babar-Rizwan has created a new record for themselves. Earlier, these two stars made an opening partnership of 197 runs against South Africa
Babar played an unbeaten innings of 110 runs off 66 balls and became the 2nd fastest cricketer to score 8000 runs in T20. For this he had to play 218 innings. West Indian legend Chris Gayle has achieved this feat in 213 innings.
Babar became the first Pakistani cricketer to score two centuries in T20 Internationals. Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle, Rohit Sharma
, Martin Guptill, and KL Rahul have at least two centuries each in the three formats of cricket.
All the records at a glance:
1. Highest run-chasing opening pair (203*)
2. Biggest win in T20 history by 10 wickets
3. 200 run-chase first 10 wicket win in history
4. Babar's 8000 runs in T20 as the 2nd fastest cricketer
5. Babar became the first Pakistani to score multiple centuries in T20 Internationals
6. Babar is the sixth cricketer in history to score at least two centuries in all three formats