Bowlers with 140 kmph speed mandatory in upcoming BPL
The seventh edition of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) which will be a special edition called as ‘Bangabandhu BPL’ is set to take place with whole different changes.
The seventh edition of this tournament is named after the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to commemorate his 100th birth anniversary. Abou 400 foreign players will participate in the tournament according to the Governing council.
The tournament is set to kick-off on December 6. However, the date of the draft is yet to be decided. And, the board has also convinced that there will a big opening ceremony this time.
The rules and changes which has taken place so far are:
– The league will change its model and will follow the model of Australia’s Big Bash League (BBL).
– It will be mandatory for every team to get a foreign coach, physio and a trainer. The local coaches can only become an assistant coach.
– There should be a team director for every team and they should be selected from the list of BCB directors.
– It will be mandatory for the teams to include a leg-spinner in the playing eleven and he has to bowl his quota of four overs.
– It will be also mandatory to pick foreign fast bowlers who can bowl above 140mph.
– A sponsor will be able to hire any additional foreign player outside the draft.
– The company that will finally get the rights of sponsoring the team will enjoy benefits similar to those received bythe national team’s sponsor.