Score

Everything has changed now: New Zealand Cricket CEO

Friday’s terrorist attack in a religious site, has changed all perspectives of New Zealand being a safe zone, said NZC CEO David White.

Christchurch Attack

Touring Bangladesh cricketers narrowly rescued from the terror attack, having just arrived at the Masjid Al Noor Mosque for Friday prayer when the Australia born terrorist Branton Tarrant opened fire towards innocent Muslims who gathered in the mosque for Salah.

Also Read - "We were so scared and we started crying," Mominul Haque on Christchurch attack

“This is shocking,” said White. “This will change the entire fabric of international sports hosting. I think everything changes now.”

The terrorist killed as many as 49 people attacking two mosques.

Three hours after the attack, New Zealand Cricket, in consultation with the Bangladesh Cricket Board and International Cricket Council, announced the five-day match had been canceled.

“We’ll certainly be having to look at our security in depth. I think the idea of New Zealand being a safe haven is gone now,”

White said.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board issued a statement saying it was shocked and deeply saddened by the shootings.

“Our heartfelt sympathies to the families of the victims and our thoughts are with them at this time of grave tragedy,” the statement said. “The board thanks New Zealand Cricket (NZC) for ensuring that members of the Bangladesh national cricket team are safe and secure in Christchurch.”

The Bangladesh Cricket Board said it expected the team to arrive late Saturday in Dhaka.

Related Articles

Video: Most Unluckiest Dismissal in Cricket

Umpire savagely kicked in face in New Zealand club cricket match dispute

Colin Munro dropped from first two Bangladesh ODIs, spin duo returns

New Zealand include Neesham, Astle for rest of the ODI series against India

Former New Zealand coach predicts result for upcoming series against India